Being developed over the last two years, the Airbit combines the micro:bits ease of use with the exitement of a drone. Airbit is small, safe and suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage. Flying is surprisingly easy using a one-hand control and the frame is made from bio-friendly, high grade plywood. Airbit is fully repairable and can take a lot of crashes.
Learning topics include:
- Assembling the parts - motors, battery, propeller and frame
- Math: Learn geometry and functions to visualise movement and angles
- Get acceleration, temperature, or battery voltage in real time and export to excel
- Controlled via APP (open source) or another micro:bit
- Design or download additional 3d-printed frame
- Retail price planned to be around EUR 125 ex VAT each (1-2 micro:bits needed)
Airbit is developed by drone expert Henning Pedersen in close cooperation with 4 regional norwegian science centers, schools and libraries.
Please enter your email adress so we can notify you when the product is available outside Norway (planned summer 2019):
Bergen Science Center